ARK: Aberration is a DLC for ARK: Survival Evolved. It is included in the Season Pass or can be purchased separately for $19.99 USD. It releases on December 12th, 2017 on Steam, PS4 and Xbox One. It adds several new items, creatures, a new boss, and a new map.
Survivors will spawn on a malfunctioning ARK in an underground biome. The atmosphere has leaked away, making way for intense radiation and a harsh environment. This has led to unique genetic mutations as creature and fauna have had to adapt to survive. Among them are the camouflaging Rock Drake who can climb up walls and glide through the air. Light the way with the help of the friendly Bulbdog. Grab and toss multiple creatures with the massive Cave Crustacean. Although it will take a skilled player to tame one, the Reaper Queen would be worth the effort as her ability impregnates foes with a horrible reproductive chest-burster.
Aberration includes new tools and engrams. Create zip lines and gliding wingsuits for travel, hazmat suits, railguns and explosive rounds for defense and protection, explore caves using cave-climbing picks to get around. Use fishing baskets and gas collectors to gather new resources.
Players will find themselves far from alone in Aberration. Countless "Nameless" creatures roam about and they are the among the greatest challenges players will face. They will require constant vigilance, and have a hierarchy system that includes a powerful master in the deepest depths of Aberration. Players will need to find ways to defend against their continuous attacks.
- Portal (easiest)
- Fertile Lake 1 (easy)
- Fertile Lake 2 (easy)
- Fertile Lake 3 (easy)
- Fertile Lake 4 (medium)
- Upper Mushroomyeast Forest (medium)
- Lower Mushroom Forest (medium)
- Fertile River (medium)
- The Edge 1 (hard)
- The Edge 2 (hard)
- The Edge 3 (hard)
- The Edge 4 (hard)
Fertile Lake offers more sunlight and easy water access. While the content of the game is underground, this area seems to resemble top-side the most. Gems are less concentrated here although green stone appears plentiful. Earthquakes drop wood, stone, green gems, blue gems, crystal, and flint.
Upper Mushroom Forest
Lower Mushroom Forest
The Edge is dark and covered in rock and crystals. Water is availble but harder to access.
- Nameless - These are element-infused, light-hating humanoids that are vicious and unrelenting.
- Rock Drake - Able to climb walls and glide short distances. Have a chameleon-like ability.
- Bulbdog - Friendly creatures that can be used for lighting dark places. Will ride on your shoulder when tamed and light the way scareing off the Nameless.
- Basilisk - Snake like creatures that hide underground. Only the protruding tail gives them away. Quick and dangerous.
- Ravager - Resemble hyenas in look and nature. Pack forming predators who run at high speeds that also have the talent of tight rope walking up and down zip line ropes.
- Reaper - Highly aggressive protectors of the Nameless.
- Roll Rat - Underground burrowers who prefer to be left alone. They will occasionally bring their treasures to the surface. Don't attempt to steal them unless you want a fight.
- Karkinos - Extremely large crabs with four pincers. Prefer the water but can be found in caves. They are highly agressive.
- Seeker - Are less aggressive than most hostile creatures unless they sense the presence of a creature or human charge light victim.
- Featherlight - Small passive bird with glowing head feathers. It will perch on the player's shoulder when tamed.
- Glowbug - Similar and larger to fireflies. Will flee when attacked. Each holds 500 charge.
- Glowtail - Found in artifact caves and are a favorite snack for many predators.
- Rockwell - A human explorer (Sir Edmund Rockwell) that has been altered by the biome's condition. He is a boss in the DLC.
- Shinehorn - A smaller relative of the Ovis. When tamed, can sit on the player's shoulder and provide a light source.
- Reaper Queen - A more powerful version of the already incredibly dangerous Reapers, and the key to taming one.
These creatures already exist in ARK but are changed to their Aberrant versions in the DLC. They commonly have a glow effect.
- Nameless Helmet - forged from damaged Obsidian-like rock
- Aberration Sword - forged using Element Crystals
- Artifact of the Depths
- Artifact of the Lost
- Artifact of the Shadows
- Artifact of the Stalker - 91.7 Lat, 51.4 Lon - cheat: setplayerpos 11063 333564 31971